The benefits and joys of living in small places!
Since, last three – four years I have been spending some time living in a small village in Kerala. It is countryside by the Arabian Sea. Tired of living in a megapolis for many years, I return here in the winters and experience a life which I used to dream long ago. So, here is my list of what makes me so happy living in a small, slow paced village:
- You meet like minded people very soon and easily
- No need to spend time and energy in traveling from one end of the city to the other. No painful traffic jams
- Less crowds in public places like shops, banks, clinic etc.
- Easy to talk to anyone, people are mostly in a relaxed mode, not in so much hurry
- You keep meeting known people on the beach at the local shop, at the temple, at a bus stop…gives a feeling of being connected to one another
- You are closer to nature, the air is fresh and the body is much more rested than in the city
- Mind is more peaceful, more relaxed
- Spontaneous happiness is possible- some wishes materialize much faster here, I guess because of a more pure atmosphere…
- Connecting to your inner self is easier. Self -awareness level increases
- People smile more!